Multi Axis Drive (MAD) Controller is a URCap software that allows you to control one or multiple external axis drive controllers by FESTO (CMMP-AS motor controllers) using your UR robot.
With this software you can move up to 4 axis to defined points easily and code-free, no need for other external components such as PLC/HMI.
It allows to control FESTO linear axis —up to 8 m length (standard product) or 10 m on demand—, turning tables, automatic storage systems, conveyors, transfer tables, or a combination of them.
- Affordable solution to control up to 4 axis from a single robot
- Mechanical hardware with the guarantee of a manufacturer such as Festo
- Control linear axis, turning tables, automatic storage systems, conveyors, etc
- Add a 7th axis to the robot to increase its reach significantly
- Set your points, easily, quickly and code-free from the URCap
- Move the axis towards points, adjusting the speed and movement mode
- URCap toolbar from where you can move the axis in manual mode
- No need for other expensive external components such as PLC/HMI
- Material handling
- Machine tending
- Material removal
- Quality inspection
How does it work
- State the UR cobot you are using
- What are the stroke, speed and acceleration of your axis? With this information we will inform you of the axis hardware configuration required
- Configure the motor controller(s)
- Install the URCap in your robot and enter your license key
- Easily connect to the motor controller(s) from the URCap
- Set up your points and simply move to them from your programs
The safety connections between the motor controller and the robot controller will be connected according to our configuration manual. In this way, any emergency in the robot will stop the axis, as well as you can stop it immediately using the robot emergency push button. If you want, we will do all this for you, and send you the system already configured.
- Universal Robots e-Series (PolyScope software 5.3.0 or higher, soon available on CB-Series)
- Festo CMMP-AS motor controller(s)
- Ethernet connection between the robot and CMMP-AS
- USB device (only for installation)